Friday, February 15, 2008

Longing for spring!

Boy, am I ready for spring to arrive. Today as Kati and I went to the grocery store, chunks of ice were melting off the trees from our ice storm the other day, and it was almost like it was hailing out! So weird. Our driveway is still a very thick sheet of ice. I just can't wait for the fresh, warm breezes, birds chirping, flowers blooming, opportunity for photos again (of course!)...and well..all of it. Spring and summer are my favorite seasons.

Speaking of spring, here are the cards I promised. Love these fresh colors! These are from Treasured Scrapbooking's Feb. card kit featuring Fancy Pants "Botanical" papers. I believe there are only 2 left, so if you really, really want one, snag it soon here!



The Sweet Spring to U card below was made for the new on-line Bella Magazine. It's a hybrid card made with the Spring Sherbet kit from Jennifer Layden of Jennilyn Designs and Holley VanDenBerg. I enlarged a digital element from the kit (flower), changed it to white, added the pink background and word "sweet" from the digital kit, and then printed it out on a piece of white cardstock and folded for the card base. I cut around the flower shape with scalloped scissors. Added American Crafts pink foam letters and rub on letters, Making Memories ribbon, and a button. The butterfly was a digital element as well and was printed out and added for extra dimension.
Thanks for stopping by today. Have a nice weekend! ~Danielle~

14 comments:

Katie said...

Gorgeous cards!!

I love to see your hybrid creations...very inspirational!

Katie

Shawna said...

Beautiful Cards. Love that FP line!

Marlou McAlees said...

absolutely beautiful!!!! :)

Allison Cope said...

Beautiful cards Danielle!

scrappa jack said...

Fantstic work. Really beautiful

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous cards, I love all of them. Thanks for the comment. Like always great work!

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS cards Dani ~ love how you worked that beautiful FP paper... yes, longing for spring here too :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful cards as always Danielle...roll on the spring:)x

Wendy Schoonhoven said...

OMG gorgeous cards again, makes me wish for spring to come too....Love the embroidery on them,xxxWendy.

Kristine said...

GORGEOUS cards--all of them! WOW. I just found your blog through a comment you left and I'm glad I clicked through. Love your style ;o)

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards Dani! Cant wait to get my kit!!!

Hugs...Jer

Cindy Gilchrist said...

Everything is sooooo beautiful! If you are having spring fever you can always come visit me :)

Regina Easter said...

oh so fab girl........just fab i tell ya...regina

deb said...

Gorgeous! Love Bella Magazine.. we're going to be doing some work with Holley in the near future too!