Friday, September 25, 2009

Urban ink...

Over at Dream Street, our assignment this month involved working with the new Urban Ink line by Dana Miron, and I have to admit, when I first pulled out these papers and such, I was a little intimidated! Scrapping "boy style" has been really tough for me. Must be because I have 2 girls at home and have always scrapped "girly" things. But....as I got going and started creating, I had a LOT of fun pushing myself to create this card set:
I added some striped ribbon from my stash and tied it in a knot, it's supposed to look like an ! at the end of congrats. ha Love this striped paper too!Next, we have an encouragement card, "Aim High". When I saw the swirly lines on the paper, I thought of a big arrow.
And the dude card. My personal favorite!
I cut a star shape out of the paper myself and popped it up with pop dots and then wrapped twine around it for a boyish, rustic look. The barbed wire is an Urban Ink rub on and the arrows and chipboard letters are Urban Ink chipboard.
If you have boys, snatch this line up! It's perfect!
Click HERE to see more projects being posted throughout September with the Urban Ink line. I love Katrina's "Typical Teen" layout. She's so good!

19 comments:

Kaytee said...

Oh I love that line!!! I have two brothers and it's so hard to scrap boyish layouts when I love all things sparkley and flowery... this like is great! I love the last card with the twine around the star. Very cool!

Unknown said...

OK, it just amazes me that you never run out of fabulous card ideas!!! I love all of these so, so much!

Elizabeth said...

I am tellin' ya, your cards are always the bomb girl!!! :)

Happy Friday!
E.

On my way... said...

Gorgeous!! Love the Dude card especially, looks fabulous - would never have picked u were nervous!

xx

Jenn said...

super cute cards!

mustangkayla said...

Wowza...those are some incredible cards!

Vel said...

I'm always so impressed with your cards...really love these!

Tara Powell said...

Um, for not knowing how to make boy things you sure ROCKED this!! LOL
sooo clever!
Have a great weekend :)
Tara

Anonymous said...

hi Danielle! your cards are amazing. girly, not girly. you rock them!!!

Mieke said...

Love what you did with this paper. So boyish...
Hugs,
Mieke

Leigh Penner said...

Great cards, Dani! I love your take on the "boy" theme!

Stacy Cohen said...

These are just adorable! You always come up with the greatest designs!

Anonymous said...

The cards are great! I always have a tough time with "boy" themes too - my style just tends to be really girly, and I have to really stretch to get that masculine look.

DeeDee said...

You really have a gift! These are awesome samples. :)

Ingrid said...

Gorgeous cards, Dani. Your designs always rock. Wish I could take one of your classes. I am in NYC at that time, but no time to drive up north and take your class.

Andrea Amu said...

You hit these cards outta the ballpark, Dani! Great styles... I esp. love that arrow!

Audrey Pettit said...

I think you did a fabulous job doing "boy" Dani! And it was so fun for us to see, too! I love them all. Think the twine wrapped through the star is just brilliant.

Kay said...

So original and perfect for boys!!!! And I love your ! ribbon!!! ;o) ♥♥ Kay

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Wow-these are amazing!