Monday, August 9, 2010

her art at age 5...


I have one more layout to show you made from the August Jenni Bowlin kit. I had an idea to use these cute little Maya Road chipboard outfits to create people - and then it dawned on me to have my 5 year old daughter draw some people with them! She adores drawing and coloring so much. She was so excited to do a page for me, and I could document her love for drawing at the same time. We painted the little outfits with acrylic paint. A fun project for both of us!

I punched stars from some of the patterned papers to go with the Jenni Bowlin star paper (orange). I wanted to use the cute "number" paper (by Girls Paperie) with some kind of number theme on my page, so the title worked out perfectly and I was able to use that paper that I loved! Love how colorful it is!
I used the stickers from the tiny red letters (by Cosmo Cricket) that say, "remember" and "you and me". My daughter drew herself and her sister in this picture. Little kid pictures make me SMILE! They are so much fun. I will probably be scrapping her art forever and ever. I can't get enough of it! :)

17 comments:

amycornwell said...

I love it - what a great idea!

Tara Powell said...

Adorable idea, Dani!
I love the stars with the blue gems in the middle
adorable :)

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

I just don't like this - i LOVE this!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

This is seriously adorable Dani! What a cute and clever idea!!!

Martine said...

I LOVE this! what a great idea! the drawings are too cute!

BethW said...

This is precious and what a treasure it will be. Brilliant idea.

Keshet said...

What a cool idea! Love it!

Larajc said...

this is a precious layout and so well done!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE this!
jill

Anonymous said...

Awww Dani, I love this!!!

Melonie said...

Such a fun page! Great idea:)

Ann @ The Scrapbooking Housewife said...

What a brilliant idea!! :-) Great layout!

Brandi Talmadge said...

Brilliant!!!! I am going to do the very same thing with my niece. LOVE IT!!! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Suzy Girl said...

Danielle...this is absolutely priceless. Once the kids get older they will appreciate what you have done for them. :-)

Amy said...

OMGosh, I was just looking for ideas to do with art projects from school yesterday. And did I click on your blog, nope. Silly me! Love it, I'm gonna do my own scrapjack of it, haha.

Kim Watson said...

Dani her artwork is so sweet & creative, just like her mama! I love how you used in your layout. Very clever XXX

Maggie Lamarre said...

omg I luv luv how you are preserving their artwork.
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com