Wednesday, August 24, 2011

creating with the Cuttlebug...

Hi everyone! I am off to take my daughter to the cardiologist for her annual checkup, but wanted to post this layout quickly that I did for Pink Paislee! When I received the new Nantucket line by Pink Paislee, I couldn’t wait to “dive” right in (no pun intented!) and scrap some photos of my daughter collecting shells from our trip to the ocean in Maine. The Nantucket line is so gorgeous and timeless. I love that it’s not too “themey” and is versatile enough to be used for anything, not just beach photos. But…I couldn’t resist using these beautiful light and airy papers with the summery pictures from Maine – they were perfect!
To create some movement to the page, I decided to add some swirls with the Cuttlebug embossing machine. First, I punched four white cardstock circles with a 2″ circle punch by Fiskars.
Next, I added them inside the swirls embossing folder and ran them through the machine.
This is such a simple technique to do and the swirls add to the theme of the layout without taking attention away from the photos!

I added a die cut sun shape from the Nantucket – Ephemera over the top of one of the circles, along with some Nantucket Wood Shapes. I wanted to keep the wood color of the shapes, because it reminded me of driftwood found on the beach. But of course, these can be painted or misted as well!


Here you can see I added some twine around the ribbon for added texture. I cut the blue paper around the wave shape to add even more movement to the page.
For a complete supply list, visit the Pink Paislee blog HERE. If you have any questions, let me know! Thanks for stopping by today,

21 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous ♥

Daniela Dobson said...

I saw that on the PP blog this morning, but couldn't leave a comment. I love the embossed circles! The photos are adorable!

jen said...

I adore this page- the colors, textures & pictures are all so perfect together! hope the appt went well!

Mandie said...

gorgeous!

Heather Innusa said...

Oh MY! I love this so much - great colors & fab design!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful, Dani! I so love your layouts!

Kimberly said...

I always love to come visit your blog. It's always loaded with creative inspiration! :)
Love ya,
K

Davinie Fiero said...

I love what you did with that Nantucket. I just got some of the embellies in my latest kit and can't wait to play with them. Your work is always inspiring, sweets.

Holly Saveur said...

So gorgeous!
Hope all is well with your daughter at the cardiologist.

Kathy Martin said...

Awesome! Love!

TenSGal said...

Absolutely gorgeous! What a beautiful layout!

Cassy said...

Simply beautiful.
You're very creative.
Thanks for sharing the procedures.

Cass from Guitar Lesson DVD

Kim Watson said...

Danielle your page is perfect in every way! The design, composition, photos just adorable!!

Anonymous said...

I hope your dd appt went well Dani!, and LOVE this LO!!!! You are terrific!

eileen hull said...

Beautiful layout- great texture Danielle!

Melonie said...

My new favorite...probably until the next LO comes along...but for now I LOVE so much about this. Plus it totally makes me want to go back to Maine:) Kati is too cute Danielle!!

Stephanie Berger said...

Danielle thank you for this great inspiration... I could not resist - I liftet it... Hope this was okay
This is my lift
Thank you so much

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Danielle you always do a wonderful job and thanks for this tutorial!!!!
Great job.I wish a wonderful week.
Kisses and huges
Cynthia

Delaney Gates said...

Gorgeous work, as always! I love how it's "beachy" without being too "beachy". :)

Valentina said...

Lovely... esp the wooden embellishment adds extra charm to the LO. Great work.

Debbi Tehrani said...

Exquisite work!