Wednesday, January 11, 2012

ten things I love...

I love this time of year when Valentine's Day is on its way! As a kid, it was one of my favorite holidays, creating those little paper mailboxes at school and prepping Valentines for all of my friends. Even now, I adore making pages and cards that reflect my love and appreciation for those around me!

This is a layout that I made for Little Yellow Bicycle using their Hello, Fall! line. Inspired by the little pocket, which originally said, "10 things I love about Fall", I used one of the words in the package that came with the pocket and changed it to say "you" instead of "fall". The Hello, Fall! pocket and these fall papers actually worked out perfectly for a love themed page!
Remember this card I made with the little punched circles? I had an idea to use this leftover yellow paper with the circles punched out of it to hang little hearts from twine. I'm always inspired by what's on my desk!
These pictures were taken when Kati came home from school last Valentine's Day. Her and Taylor were opening my gifts to them and showing me all of their fun Valentines from friends. Love their excitement on these special days!

10 Things layout:
Little Yellow Bicycle's Hello, Fall line - 11.75 x 5.75" paper pad
Hello, Fall Fabric Favorites
Hello, Fall 10 Things Pocket
Hello, Fall Crepe Paper Lace Stickers
Hello, Fall Jewel Stickers

23 comments:

Jill said...

Super cute page, Danielle! I love the threaded hearts.

Victoria Freze said...

gorgeous! my new favorite color combo. thanks for an inspiration!

Susan said...

Fabulous layout! I love it.

Mindy Miller said...

I love those little hanging hearts! Fabulous!

richardbreaks said...

Darling!!!

Jennifer said...

so super cute! Love it!!

famillemarleau said...

Beautiful layout. Johanne L.

Pendra said...

Hi Danielle,
I just came from Dawn's site and the two of you are amazing!!! I have spent a bit of time looking through your older posts and love what I have seen! I think I will be really broke SOON, because I want everything that PTI has! Thanks for all the inspiration!
Crafty Hugs,
Pendra

Diana Waite said...

SO very CLEVER! Love the little pieces with numbers on them!

Sarah Mullanix said...

Absolutely adorable!!! Those little dangling hearts are to die for!! :)

Anonymous said...

bellissima idea.......baci Maria

Creative Photo Albums said...

This is a great layout. I love it when you try to beautify something using the things in your desk such as the leftover paper with punches of circle. The stitching made the design look better too.

TenSGal said...

*Sigh* One day I hope to grow up to be just like you...
I keep pinning your things on Pinterest...I think I just need to make a whole Danielle Flanders board...
:)
So inspiring. Love your work!

Trine Brandt-Lassen said...

Another great layout. The detail with the hanging hearts is so typically you!

auntiejenni said...

i'm in love wtih every detail of this page...you did SO good!

Sheds said...

Danielle, this layout is so cute! The heart details are so nice. I love this! You are so talented!

Katrina Turner said...

Hi Danielle

Such a gorgeous layout, I love the little hanging hearts! Your little girl is so pretty too.

Katrina :)

Maria Therese said...

looove your lo!

Jona Panesa said...

lovely page. just read your interview with paper crafts. always an inspiration!!!

Sharon Huffman said...

Beautiful and such a great use of those leftovers in such a cute way!

Anonymous said...

Very cute page. I love the 10 sticks with the hand written messages!

Wendy Hammer (Reed) said...

Gorgeous colors and the written notes are a treasure!

Minna K.S. said...

Love it! And I pinned it. :)