Wednesday, October 31, 2012

grateful for family...

I have a couple of fall cards to send out to my family - these are made with Lily Bee Designs' Autumn Spice line of papers and stamps.
On the first card, I used Papertrey Ink's Melon Berry ink to first stamp the circles, then Canyon Clay ink to stamp over the top with the hearts. I wasn't sure how these two colors would look together, but they turned out pretty cute. Also stamped the heart, circle and family from the Autumn Spice stamps and popped it up for dimension.

The "so grateful for you" was cut with my Cameo. I'm getting more and more use out of it, and am not so scared of it anymore! :) The doily was cut with the Doily Details die - I'm so addicted to that die set. Button is from A Flair For Buttons.

On the second card, I stamped the circles with Fine Linen, the outer rings with Classic Kraft and then the hearts with Canyon Clay ink. Family is stamped with Dark Chocolate ink. After all of the stamping was done, the card front was embossed with a Swiss Dots embossing folder and the Cuttlebug.

Speaking of the Cuttlebug machine, I used that along with Papertrey Ink's Counting My Blessings die collection to trim out the word from the Autumn Spice papers. A quick tip: you are probably wondering how I got the heart punched from papers that is the same heart that I stamped? I stamped the heart on the back of the patterned paper and cut it out.

Swing over to the Lily Bee blog to see a beautiful fall card by Andrea, as she shares a clever way to make a pumpkin from a doily stamp. :) 

9 comments:

cards by cara said...

Very cute colour combo!

Kathy Mc said...

Your family is very lucky to be the recipients of these fabulous cards. The Melon Berry & Canyon Clay look awesome together. Great color choices!

MelB said...

Dani, those are beautiful!! Love the oversize sentiments!

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely GORGEOUS, Dani!! Love your creative work!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOVE these cards! BEAUTIFUL colors and design! YOU always amaze me!

Glenda J said...

Absolutely fantastic! Love this wonderful combination of elements.

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Love your work, Danielle! I'm a fan. ;)

Lea L. said...

These are gorgeous, Dani! Love them!!

Jen said...

Oh, so fun!! I have these dies in my cart....thanks to you
!!😉