Friday, September 27, 2013

Prima/Pink Paislee #watercolorfun week...

Hi, everyone! Prima and Pink Paislee have teamed up this week for a fun "Watercolor Inspiration Week". Today is the last day and was my turn to post, but there's also more to see over at the Prima blog as well. They'll be posting their projects today and Monday!
When I opened the box of Prima goodies, I couldn't believe my eyes! Such fun products to work with, and they blended amazingly with our products, especially the Color Wash line. Prima sent lots of things that could be colored too...resin pieces, canvas borders, canvas shapes, chipboard, etc. I thought I was going to make cards at first, but then this layout happened to evolve as I was playing around with everything!

A layout with no photos? YES! Every layout doesn't have to be full of pictures to express what you are feeling. Journaling is important too. Right now I am feeling so grateful for everything in my life, so happy. I wanted to journal about getting older and how my views of life are changing. I just love how it turned out. The journaling reads,

"All of my happiest moments have been with family and those I love-
dear friends I grew up with, getting married, having my girls, 
and watching them grow and experience the world.
Seeing things through their eyes keeps me young, happy, alive...
What I am discovering as I grow older is that happiness is love-
giving and appreciating life and those around me. Seeing joy in those I love. Danielle"

It looks kinda artsy, doesn't it? But to be honest, I really didn't do much to make it look this way. The 12x12" background paper started out like this.
It's from the 12x12" Color Wash paper pad by Pink Paislee. The only mist splashes I added were the dark blue spots, made with Heidi Swapp's new Navy Color Shine. (After I added all of the other elements. To make the splashes, I unscrewed the cap and pulled out the tube, then just flicked the end of the tube with my finger onto the page.)
The canvas butterflies and banner by Prima started out like this...
I used some Heidi Swapp Color Shine on them, and when you spray them, a design magically appears! How cool is that!! This is new Color Shine in Blush. Love it.
I also did the same thing with the Canvas Borders by Prima...
And the resin (I went crazy with the pink!)...
I stitched on Pink Paislee’s Color Wash Watercolor Tags and added some of the Color Wash Chipboard Title Stickers. Love how the chipboard is multicolored, so I didn’t do anything to that. Just stuck it on – it’s self adhesive! I left the tails from the stitching on the tags. The canvas banner is misted with Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Navy.
On the top, I added a Prima flower, pearls and a canvas banner of theirs that I stenciled on to fill in that upper corner.
Stop by our Facebook page for a giveaway. Here is Prima's Facebook page for their giveaway, and Prima's blog for lots more inspiration!

4 comments:

Holly Saveur said...

so sweet and gorgeous!

claudia shadler said...

super gorgeous, luv it - so dainty and luv the soft pastel colors! :) C

The Old Parsonage said...

Love it - can't wait to get my hands on the new products!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such pretty colors, a wonderful, sweet project Danielle, thanks for stopping by my blog too, I have been a big fan since I "know" you via PTI!