Saturday, June 14, 2014

Introducting Bowl of Sunshine...

Today we are previewing a new stamp set coming out at Papertrey Ink in a few days called Bowl of Sunshine, along with the new Berry Basket II die. I wanted to do something different with the Berry Basket II. Instead of a real "basket" with it, I created a pocket for a set of cards. Do you like to give card sets as gifts? They're wrapped up with a set of envies behind and tucked in a cellophane bag.

First, here is how I made the basket pocket. I die cut just ONE of the basket pieces in Aqua Mist cardstock. Then I scored on the lines and folded in the side tab and folded the bottom piece up. I adhered the 2 sides of the basket to the back. Voila! A pocket!

The cards are slightly smaller than an A2 size to fit in the pocket. I trimmed them to a finished size of 3.5" x 5". Then stamped them (one card with each different fruit) with the Bowl of Sunshine stamps. When the stamping was finished, they are dry embossed using the Herringbone Impression Plate.

One of the bowls was die cut with the Bowl of Sunshine dies, then I used it as a mask to stamp the shading under the bowl with the oval stamp in the set.

When I looked up "berry basket" online, I saw lots of cute baskets with red plaid fabric hanging over the edge, so I achieved a similar look with a piece of Pure Poppy patterned paper by Papertrey Ink, just folded and adhered to the top edge of the basket.
When all of the cards were done, I inserted them into the basket, put the basket inside a cellophane bag, and added 4 envelopes behind the pocket in the bag. Twine and a die cut word finishes off the gift on the outside! The word "enjoy" is cut with the new Wet Paint Cuts dies.

That's it! This is a quick 'n easy gift card set to make when you need a gift in a pinch.

Berry Basket Pocket with Card Set:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Bowl of Sunshine
INK: Pure Poppy, Tropical Teal, Aqua Mist, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Limeade Ice, True Black
PAPER: white, Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy Pattern Pack, Harvest Gold Pattern Pack
DIES: Bowl of Sunshine, Wet Paint Cuts, Berry Basket II
OTHER: Pure Poppy twine, A2 envelopes, cellophane bag.
______

Visit the rest of the PTI team to see more with these new products! Everything will be available at Papertrey Ink on 6/15 at 10pm EST. Thanks for swinging by!

42 comments:

Cammie said...

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE today's project.

jan metcalf said...

Love the way the herringbone emboss added texture to the card. Great colors!

jan metcalf said...

Love the way the herringbone emboss added texture to the card. Great colors!

Kelly S. said...

So fresh and adorable, Danielle!

Annheidel said...

Oh, how fun! The berry basket die makes a cute pocket. Love the cards too - simple, but adorable! This would make anyone smile.

Jill Norwood said...

Danielle I just love this card set and the pocket you made with the BBII die! So clever and sweet! :)

Kristie Goulet said...

This is perfect! LOVE!!!

Kris said...

Danielle...this is the sweetest little gift pack of cards. It's definitely my favorite post of the release to date! So clever to make a pocket from the Berry die.

Wida said...

cute and clever. it's a winner!

SD pooja said...

This is Awesome !! I loved the idea of making a basket to hold cards and the cards are so fresh loved them all !

Diane Jaquay said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love the set of note cards and awesome container!

Anonymous said...

That's the cutest set ever! What an awesome little gift and would be great to make a couple of sets to have around for when you need a little something. Thanks for sharing. Robin B.

Anonymous said...

How clever - I love this new take on the basket. Widens it's use for sure! So darling. Thanks for sharing.

Tracey McNeely said...

Danielle your cards the presentation are fabulous--LOVE the herringbone as a background!

Grace said...

What an awesome idea. I love it.

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG OMG OMG!! How SUPER FUN!! I LOVE your SWEET Basket Envelope Holder and the FUN Cards!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Marcie Rhys said...

Totally brilliant to put the fruit cards into the fruit basket card. Your cards are elegant simplicity itself, and I love how the embossing contrasts with what would be the smooth fruit and bowls. Sensational!

Diana K said...

Gorgeous and genius at the same time. Such a beautiful presentation!

jintyoo7 said...

ABSOLUTELY fantastic :)

Tammy said...

OH, Danielle! That is such an adorable idea to make a pocket to fill with a card set. Love it!!

Parker said...

I so much like the Berry Basket full of the Bowl of Sunshine. Something else... I like that bit of stamped shading beneath the bowl. I'm yearning for some fruit drinks about now.

uncbballfan said...

I did not need that berry basket die... and now I do. I love giving away sets of my cards, and you've come up with the perfect packaging and contents for an adorable gift.

This is fabulous, Danielle!

Kathy Mc said...

Hmmm, my first thought when I read Nichole's blog is that basket is adorable, but I don't need it. Then I saw your presentation, and it's FABULOUS. Love the herringbone background, clean & simple image of fruit and sweet sentiments all wrapped up. The plaid overhang and die-cut "enjoy" finish it off beautifully. TFS, Danielle!

Renee V said...

So pretty, love the gingham "cloth" hanging over the side, that's an excellent addition for this die! And the teal/red/white is such an awesome color combo, I think it will always be my fave ;) TFS!

Hollie Shepard said...

Love this idea! I love gift packaging so much! Thanks for sharing!

Nancy Penir said...

Dani, going to work right now on these! Cutest card sets ever for gifts and need one for myself. (Just to dress up my craft room!) Thank you for your careful 'how to's and just being so clever!

Kathy Krug said...

Fabulous idea to use it as a pocket for cards. Love how the napkin is peeking out of the corner.

Cathy said...

I adore this!

Nora Noll said...

Ok, I was not convinced of this die-now I NEED it. So very cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking recently that I want to make a couple of card sets to give as gifts. I love how you used the die to make the pocket. The cards are so lovely, fresh, and clean - I really like the texture the herringbone impression plate added.

Thanks so much and have a great weekend!

Josiane

Cheryl S. said...

I am in love with your project! You are one very creative lady - thanks for sharing

Cheryl S. said...

I am in love with your project! You are one very creative lady - thanks for sharing

Cheryl S. said...

Oh my - so clever!

Karen R said...

What an ingenious idea! I love that you can always take products and come up with new and clever ways to use them. Just wonderful...love it.

Debra said...

Always looking for fresh ways to package card sets as gifts...you inspired me and that die is on my list!

Kathie B said...

What a wonderful set of cards...such a perfect gift! I love the great variety of cards you made as part of the set.

Joni Andaya said...

What a SWEET card Danielle :)

Tracy said...

saw your cards this morning but didn't have time to comment then - had to comment to say i absolutely adored your Bowl of Sunshine cards - so very pretty - the colors were just so perfect as was the design. loved everything about them. thanks for all the inspiration

Janet said...

Someone already said it: genius. I'm too literal--your re-imagining is inspiring. Why is it that I forget about my embossing folders? You reminded me.

aknancy said...

I just love your project. How clever. Even the cut out 'enjoy' can be used on so many things… Thank you for sharing..

Lili said...

Adorable! Now I'm going to have to get this set also!

donna mikasa said...

Love the berry basket as a pocket! So clever!