Saturday, September 6, 2014

Getting the most out of your kits...

I have a little tutorial up over at Gossamer Blue! When playing with the September kit, I discovered something fun you can do with these pretty Solstice stickers.

Of course you can use them as is, and they are gorgeous! But I had started a project that had a lot of gold on it already, and when I went to add more gold stickers, I felt like they were getting lost in the design. So...I discovered that you can flip them over, peel off the backing and add color to the back of them! You can watercolor them, paint them, or even add embossing powder and heat emboss them!

The background of my card was watercolored with gray paint splashes, and then I began assembling my card with the main Sept. kit contents. I layered a polkadot clear tag over the Crate Paper peach sticker and added the "And" ephemera piece. The gold medallion was tucked under the "And" piece.

Last, I added some sewing machine thread, one of my watercolor heart stickers I made and a cork heart. The striped tab was tucked under the left edge.

You can send this as a card, or even use it in your project life pages as a decorative card with your photos.  Stop over to Gossamer Blue to see the finished result!

1 comment:

Jess said...

OK I am loving the colors and great ideas. However I took my glasses off and thought it said; "how to get the most out of your kids" lol I had to do a double take couldn't stop laughing.....