Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Gossamer Blue kits for April...

Happy Spring! Is it warm yet where you are? My girls were just on spring break for 10 days and are now back to school. We had a beautiful warm, sunny week! Went to the movies, to the Denver Zoo, flew kites and did some hiking...and of course, played with friends quite a bit. It was busy...but fun! I am so ready for summer and no schedules again. I love it!

Just popping in to let you know that the Gossamer Blue kits for April are now available! I'll show you a few things I made with the kits. I received the main kit, the Life Pages kit, the Life Pages Themed Add-on and the Bits and Pieces kit.
On the Hello card, I mixed some of the kits. I used two Life Pages cards layered together, a colorful 4x6" one and a smaller gray chevron Life Pages card. The I added a floral clip from the Life Pages kit, chipboard flower from the main kit and an arrow from the Life Pages Themed Add-on. (It comes glittered like that - by Crate Paper.) The hello is stamped with the Elle's Studio stamp from the Bits and Pieces kit.


Next, a quick card made with another Life Pages card. Aren't these fun? Perfect for greeting cards!

This Life Pages card is a gray dot with notebook lines on it. All I did here was cut a slit for the tab and slide it on, added a sticker and a chipboard word.
Used another little clip here from the Life Pages kit. Chipboard word is from the Bits and Pieces kit. The word broke as I was taking it out of the bag, so I used it just like it was! Turned out that it fit just right this way!
Added a tiny bit of machine stitching on the sticker for more dimension. (The pearl was added from my stash. I like how it repeats the white polka dots.)
And last, a card made with the April main kit only. This one is more "handmade" looking with the paint and stitching.

One of the Elle's Studio 12x12" papers in the main kit has little "journaling cards" printed on them, so I trimmed one out with the text on it. I wanted it to blend in with the background aqua cardstock a bit more, so I painted around the edges with white acrylic paint.

Then I added some chipboard, Elle's Studio die cuts and little bits of paper along the edges to resemble washi tapes and to add little bits of pattern and color!

Hope these inspire you in some way. :) Visit the online Gossamer Blue shop to see the April kits in full!

4 comments:

Ohhh Snap said...

Beautiful projects! Almost all the snow is gone from the front yard, but the backyard is still more snow than not.

Larissa Heskett said...

Sounds like you had an AMAZING time!! =) Beckett and I counted and he only has 35 Days left of School before they are out for Summer!! I CAN'T WAIT Either!! We are planning out First Trip to the Denver Zoo too and I KNOW Greyson is going to LOVE it!! We haven't taken him yet!! Anyway, I LOVE your BEAUTIFUL Cards!! Such a FUN Color Combos and I really LOVE all of the Details you add!! AWESOME!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS Easter!! =)

Lisa Young said...

Lovely creations!!!

Diana K said...

Awesome cards, Danielle! Love all the bits and pieces and how you added that white acrylic paint to the last card (which happens to be my favourite one).